TEMPORARY Customer Service Representative
(Approximately 3 months, may go longer depending on business needs).
North Haven, CT
Full time hours, must be flexible and able to start as early as 8am and work as late as 6pm.
This job is Monday through Friday
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB SUMMARY:
- Answer incoming calls, retrieve orders, and accurately enter orders.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retrieve orders through fax or telephone and accurately enter orders.
- Enters orders into computerized system using numeric and alpha entry.
- Fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist/support customers and sales personnel as needed.
- Stays informed of department policies, company direction, projects and issues.
- Process manual pick-up and return slips for completion through proper channels.
- Review pricing applicable to customer accounts to insure order accuracy.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, with little independent judgment needed.
- Provides switchboard coverage for break/lunch/vacation coverage as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned related to the requirements of the job.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL/EXTERNAL)
- Customers, salespeople, company-wide departments, public.
- Proper phone etiquette, professional attitude.
- Customer focus, team orientation.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- 9-key entry and typing skills.
- Knowledge, use and application of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- 3 years of customer service experience required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Mostly desk work.
- Long periods of sitting, telephone and computer use.