R & D Engineer (Electronics)
Primary Purpose: As a member of the Product Development team, assist in the development of new product designs and support existing products for defibrillation, monitoring and pacing, (ECG) electrodes and other specialty products. Performs electronics system development, maintenance and documentation tasks for electrode testing and programming systems
Reports to: Director of Engineering
- Interacts with the Product Development Team and vendors on product specific issues related to the design and production of our products.
- Assists in the design, development and improvement of new or existing products including research and development of new technologies.
- Develops and implements experimental methods designed to enhance our ability to select/source/develop appropriate materials that meet all specifications.
- Participates in the development and implementation of testing procedures that ensure that mechanical and electrical requirements are met.
- Participates on inter-disciplinary teams focused on design and manufacturing methods for continuous improvement and new product development
- Provides technical guidance and direction to all levels of the organization in this area of expertise. Diagnoses related problems recommending and leading the implementation of solutions.
- Ensures all required documentation is prepared in accordance with established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Design, implement and document electronic systems for testing and programming of electrodes
- Liaison with sensor development team to serve as resources internally for sensor designs to be incorporated in electrodes.
- Skilled in electronics and software development (microcontroller and labview) including various lab instrumentation. Work with low (sensors, etc) and high voltage (defibrillation energy) circuits to test. Experience with electronic setup and measurement techniques.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Document design and testing to meet medical device requirements for device product and test equipment including v&v, emc, iec safety, etc
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Must understand the target audience and be able to deliver clear, concise information to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting established deadlines.
Experience is hardware systems and computer programming (Labview, VB, C,etc) highly desired
Familiarity with regulated environment for medical devices and V&V.