The purpose of this position is to maintain Logistics operational tasks and support during the Logistics Operations Manager leave of absence. Primary focus will be on monitoring and processing the importation of overseas product containers; monitor and addressing issues with domestic LTL and FTL freight transportation; and daily involvement with our 3PL to ensure timely shipment of customer orders.
Pay will range depending on experience, and expect normal working business hours.
- Over 5 years experience in Transportation or Logistics/Distribution Operations to include International Customs Entry and Transport.
- Strong analytical skills, problem resolution, math and statistical knowledge
- PC literate with good skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong business and professional acumen with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Review import supplier documents to ensure required documents are provided. Provide 3PL warehouse with advanced notification of inbound delivery.
- Monitor and address issues with the warehouse 3PL meeting deadlines to ship customer orders.
- Monitor and address issues with freight transportation providers to meet customer delivery due dates
- Provide 3PL with inventory management support, which includes inventory adjustment requests, warehouse transfer requests, and product reworks.
- Investigate customer claims to order service & delivery failures; provide response which includes corrective actions.
- Other Duties & Projects as assigned.