Westaff is hiring Machine Operator for a plastics manufacturer in Avon. Machine Operator are responsible for the production of micro-prism films. Machine Operator manages material flow on the equipment, monitors operation, makes operating adjustments (as required) and verifies product quality and equipment operating conditions to assure conformance to specifications.
Westaff offers health insurance to all associates as well as the opportunity to enroll in FREE online lasses including blueprint reading, English language, workplace safety, etc.!
Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment and to perform all functions to produce quality compliant films.
- Remove and inspects tooling as required.
- Monitor and records pressure and ranges as required.
- Load film on and off machines.
- Slit material to appropriate widths and lengths as required.
- Set up and perform splices.
- Complete all roll documentation as required.
- Basic troubleshooting of process/product variations and/or equipment related issues
Apply Today !!!
This is a third shift position which requires training on first.
Machine Operator Skills:
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail, care and caution to surroundings, especially when involved with high risk duties.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision and as a team member.
- Must be able to safely lift and move objects up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Required ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be a fast learner, driven and self-motivated; strive towards continuous improvement
Machine Operator Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- Read, write and effectively communicate in the English language.
- Competency with Microsoft Office products.
- 1 - 5 years of manufacturing experience.