Maintenance Machinist Job Description:
- Maintain, setup, program, test, operate and troubleshoot all equipment to endure production goals are met
- Perform machine setup, troubleshooting, and repairs to machinery and facilities
- Perform preventive maintenance of equipment but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
- Perform more advanced mechanical repairs such as replacing bearings, worn gears, gear boxes, chains, etc.
- Communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal, communicate equipment issues with management and be able to work effectively with interdepartmental groups
- Document all repairs by maintaining maintenance logs
- Identity parts needed for repairs, complete requisition to place order, follow up with parts delivery and install new parts
- Ability to utilize equipment schematics and assembly plans to effectively troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems
- Able to perform more complicated electrical/electronic repairs, requiring the use of test equipment
- Operate hand, power and bench tools, use proper safe machine shop practices
- Implementation of new production/automation equipment
- Responsible for working safely and maintain a clean working environment
- Knowledge of lock out tag out (LOTO) OSHA safety requirements · Perform all tasks in a safe manner.
Maintenance Mechanic Job Requirements:
- High School, Trade School graduate or demonstrated equivalent skills.
- Minimum of two years experience in the field of Machine Maintance
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Welding experience required
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Good communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions.
This is a first shift position, pay is based off of experience.