Westaff is currently looking for a machinist with tool room experience. This is a 90 day contract to hire position with a Union company. Position is on 1st shift and will pay between $23.00 - $24.00 an hour based on experience.
Carry through to completion all tooling and fabricated components to build and repair automation equipment.
- Use skillfully all Tool Room equipment. (lathe, Mill, grinder, saws, welder, hand tools, ….)
- Have strong knowledge of shop mathematics, screws, threads, and tapers.
- Be familiar with working properties of metals, alloys, and tool steels.
- Ability to fabricate sheet metal, mig-weld, braze…
- Capable of holding precise dimensions with a close tolerance
- Capable of designing jigs, form tools, and small fixtures
- Repair, replace, adjust, and align machinery and equipment components, using basic power and hand tools, specialized tools, welding torches, lifts and hoists.
- Test machines after repair to ensure proper operation of the machine or equipment.
- Capable of indicating in spindle heads, and aligning components.
- Be flexible and able to work on multiple projects at a time.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic and electronically controlled equipment is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus but not required.
- Tig welding and welding cast-iron is a plus but not required.