Westaff has a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Technician. This is a 1st shift position, M-F with opportunities for overtime and occasional Saturday shifts.
- Maintain and monitor industry conforming and compliant methods of analyzing and controlling microbial pathogens.
- Assist QA Manager to develop finished production specifications and hold, reject, and release criteria for both raw materials and finished goods.
- Ensure food labels follow guidelines and regulations set forth by FDA. Review in-house nutritional and label information and coordinate label development with outside companies.
- Maintain compliance of all third-party audit inspections and certifications, including SQF, Organic, Non-GMO and Gluten Free certification.
- Cross train in Quality Assurance Line Technician and ERP system inventory set-up and maintenance.
- Must be able to: lift 50 lbs. from a bending, standing, or stooping position safely and comfortably; bend, lift, climb, twist, reach, lean over, pull, push, stoop and stand on concrete floor on a regular basis and for long periods of time; perform repetitive motor functions from a standing position for extended periods; tolerate moderate to loud noise and fluctuating temperatures.