Quality Control Inspector, or QC Inspector, with a well-established, successful, growing and highly regarded manufacturer of precision stamped and machined components and assemblies. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a high volume manufacturing environment. The position is for the Berlin location and reports to the Director of Quality. The requirements for this position include:
- At least 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance for Manufacturing
- Computer literacy is a must! (Computer intense position)
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints including GD&T callouts.
- Must be fluent in the use and application of measurement instruments such as calipers, micrometers, indicators, height gages & comparators.
- Ability to efficiently complete 1st piece layouts/in-process audits as outlined in product control plans and document results accordingly.
- Experience using software controlled measurement devices such as CMM’s / Smartscopes preferred but not required.
- Familiarity in destructive testing using universal tensile machines, force testers & hardness testers a bonus.
S – Substantial Department Goal
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist with tasks delegated within the Quality Engineering department in the development and submission of new products as well as assisting the Quality department with receiving inspection of raw material, in-process and finished product. As the Receiving/NPI Support Inspector, the role requires an understanding of product drawings, measurement systems and methods along with data collection/reporting. This position requires a strong multi-tasking ability as well as providing Engineering with continuous feedback in a neat and organized fashion. A motivated hands-on approach with the ability to work with little guidance and a range of computer experience is required.
O – Obstacles
- Understanding various inspection equipment (CMM, Vision & manual)
- Knowledge of Plex
- Knowledge of QC Calc. and Office Buddy
- Time management (Schedule/availability of inspection equipment)
A – Action
- Gain knowledge in Plex. Focus on receiving inspection
- Gain knowledge in Plex. Focus on creating specification lists
- Gain Knowledge of QC Calc. and Office Buddy along with the exporting of data
- Balloon drawings using InspectionXpert software and generating FAIR documents in Excel
- Assume responsibility of storage area for PPAP parts in process
- Assume responsibility of PPAP retains and their proper storage
- Work fluently between Quality Engineering department and the Quality lab to meet the demand within both groups
R – Results
- 14 Days- Demonstrate to the Quality Coordinator an understanding of utilizing Plex for receiving inspection check sheets
- 14 Days- Demonstrate to the Quality Engineer an understanding of utilizing QC-Calc./Office Buddy to retrieve data collected during a sampling.
- 14 Days- Demonstrate to the Quality coordinator an understanding of PLEX for retrieving print drawings for specific tasks.
- 45 Days - Demonstrate to the Quality Engineer evidence of ballooning a drawing with appropriate stamps.
- 45 Days - Demonstrate to the Quality Engineer Evidence of exporting a FAIR document from InspectionXpert in Excel and formatting properly.
- 45 Days - Evidence of generating spec lists from ballooned drawings.
- 90 Days – Demonstrate overall comprehension in Okay systems indicating the readiness and ability to work independently with Quality Leads within new production group while maintaining demand from receiving inspection.