We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician in Lafayette & Crowley Louisiana to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward.
The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Receiving, labeling and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Designing and executing laboratory testing according standard procedures
- Conducting experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Complete initial and ongoing instrument validations and continued proficiency testing per CLIA/COLA/CAP
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook and laboratory manual.
- Ability to diagnose and solve routine instrument issues up to and including LIMS management.
- Oversee and maintain the local LIMS system to company and regulatory standards.
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
- In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field