A growing food manufacturing company is in need for a Maintenance Mechanic desired experiences: electrical skills, ability to read from blueprints and schematics, preventive maintenance, equipment trouble shooting, lock out tag out, work safely and conscientiously, fork lift experience, knowledge of relays, motors and PLC units, plumbing and drains, carpentry
This is a 2nd shift position, initially starting at 12pm - 8:30pm.
Hours dictated by business needs.
Pay would be depending on experience.
Temp to Hire
Maintenance Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Repair, maintain and setup food production machines.
Analyze root cause of defect, dismantle, repair, reassemble using hand tools and power tools.
Work in a clean food environment.
Requires proactive, innovative and analytical individual who can perform in a fast-paced, work environment.
Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding, machining, and ability to read and interpret written instructions and blueprints is necessary.
Maintenance Mechanic Essential Functions
· Maintain, setup, program, test, operate and troubleshoot all equipment to endure production goals are met
· Perform machine setup, troubleshooting, and repairs to machinery and facilities
· Perform preventive maintenance of equipment but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
· Perform more advanced mechanical repairs such as replacing bearings, worn gears, gear boxes, chains, etc.
· Communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal, communicate equipment issues with management and be able to work effectively with interdepartmental groups
· Document all repairs by maintaining maintenance logs
· Identity parts needed for repairs, complete requisition to place order, follow up with parts delivery and install new parts
· Ability to utilize equipment schematics and assembly plans to effectively troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems
· Able to perform more complicated electrical/electronic repairs, requiring the use of test equipment
· Operate hand, power and bench tools, use proper safe machine shop practices
· Implementation of new production/automation equipment
· Responsible for working safely and maintain a clean working environment
· Comply with OSHA Safety and Health regulations, and all company, USDA, FDA regulations for food plants. This requires the understanding of HACCP and SSOP plans and the ability to comply with these regulations
Knowledge of lock out tag out (LOTO) OSHA safety requirements · Perform all tasks in a safe manner.
Report all safety hazards to management so that corrective action can be taken immediately.
· Good attendance and reporting to work on-time is required to do this job satisfactorily.
All Maintenance Mechanics must have:
4 - 10 years experience and ability to occasionally lift 50 - 100 pounds
· Provide your own tools