Westaff is looking for an experienced maintenance mechanic for a machine shop located in St. Louis, MO. The is a 90 day contract-to hire opportunity on 2nd shift paying from $23.00-$25.00 an hour based on experience. This will be an opportunity with a Union company
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe, test, and assess the operation of machines to detect the causes of malfunction.
- Tear down and reassemble machines and machine components.
- Troubleshoot and repair CNC machinery and equipment with minimal supervision using safe techniques and schematics.
- Perform mechanical and electrical work as needed to achieve assigned task.
- Perform electronic component replacement per familiarity and/or training. Verify equipment as functional and leave the area clean and safe.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic, and CNC machine repairs as required.
- Utilize diagnostic tools and techniques to define problem areas and assist with resolution.
- Utilize measurement devices to hold tight tolerances and industry standards while performing machine repairs and assembly.
- Update drawing/prints, suggest spare parts and suitable replacements, and perform various forms of machine repair/rebuild in a professional manner per line-up and schematics.
- Minimum three years’ experience in industrial maintenance, electrical, plumbing or related field.
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic and electronically controlled equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of 480v electrical circuitry and can interpret schematics and use basic electronic test equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot production equipment in order to recognize and identify potential problems with equipment.
- Lock Out/Tag Out, hazardous materials and safety
- May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Ability to weld MIG, TIG and stick
- Experience in repairing Mazak, Fadal, Brown and Sharpe lathes and mills
- Experience with automated brazing and welding equipment