Westaff is looking for a CNC setup operator to start immediately in Berlin on first shift 6PM to 4:30AM
- CNC setup operator must know how to operate, set-up & run production on 3 and 4 axis machine centers, also be familiar with indexable tables (Milling)
- CNC setup operator must be able to change and make adjustments on tooling by using presetters and or by manually touching off tools.
- CNC setup operator must have experience with G and M codes.
- CNC setup operator must have a strong understanding of the shop environment and a strong mechanical aptitude.
- CNC setup operator must be able to troubleshoot programming, machining errors and communicate changes to engineering.
- Milling experience using Yasnac and Fanuc controls is a plus.
- Lathe experience using Mitsubishi and Fanuc controls is a plus.
- Must be able to read complicated blueprints and have understanding of GD&T.
- CNC setup operator will be responsible for calculating requirements including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Must be able to inspect own work and have ability to work efficiently to achieve goals.
- Maintains safe operations by abiding to safety procedures and regulations.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to use basic measuring equipment including calipers, micrometers, microhites, optical comparators, and a variety of gages/pins.
CNC setup operator Essential Functions/Physical Limitations: Regular attendance is vital for this CNC setup operator. Understanding and following instructions is a key role for this position. Work may require at times lifting, carrying, and bending of work station objects. The operator will also at times be required to stand and or sit for long periods of time.
Minimum Requirements: Must have two years of CNC machine set up experience and must be able to work overtime as needed. Candidates with shift flexibility a plus. Troubleshooting machine and program issues by making corrections and or adjustments independently is vital to success in this role