Westaff is looking to fill a Freezer Warehouse/Order Selector position in New Britain, CT!
2nd Shift 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Block away from Downtown, New Britain Fast Track!
The Order Selector will perform general distribution center duties and assist in the inventory and distribution of all products, incoming and outgoing products received and distributed from the facility. This includes the physical handling of product, rotation of stock, inspection of boxes and operation of material handling equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for accurately selecting and staging product orders for delivery or pick up.
- Responsible for staging dry, refrigerated and frozen orders for distribution to member agencies.
- Responsible for keeping accurate daily records/receipts of orders selected and product received.
- Responsible for inspecting food items at each stage to ensure viability and safety.
- Assist agencies picking up orders, helping load items when available, and completing necessary paperwork.
- Responsible for moving and replenishing inventory levels within pick locations.
- Assist in monthly and year-end inventory, and participate in cycle counts daily.
- Inspect, unload, and record incoming trucks as required.
- Assist with product deliveries and pickups.
- Label all stock in accordance with inventory control procedures.
- Maintain proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
- Ensure consistent application of “first-in, first-out” rule.
- Ensure proper stacking of all products, stock storage spaces, rearrange and restack products.
- Continuously check inventory for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe storage.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., or one to three years related experience.
- Minimum of three (2) years related experience in a warehouse, retail, wholesale, or food service setting.
- Must be proficient in latest software and technology.
- The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and able to keep accurate records for tracking and reporting.
- Problem solving to identify solutions and meet and enhance organizational mission.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, metal carts, etc.
- Ability to maneuver heavy loads on a pallet jack on and off truck ramp.
- Ability to climb ladders and carry up to 70 pounds up and down.
- Ability to pack, unpack and put away various materials.
- Prolonged standing, walking and bending in addition to sitting in front of a computer.
- Ability to give regular communications in person, writing, by email and by phone.
- Ability to work in below 0°F temperatures for short periods of time.
- Working inside a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Working in commercial freezer/cooler ranging from -10°F to 45°F.