Westaff is currently seeking an experienced, previously certified, Forklift Operators for first shift within a distribution center. The primary function of this position is to provide support to the corresponding concrete facilities through collecting, loading, shipping and receiving warehouse materials. Forklift operators candidates will be responsible for operating technical equipment as well as providing support elsewhere as needed through out the distribution center.
Westaff offers health insurance to all associates as well as the opportunity to enroll in FREE online lasses including blueprint reading, english language, workplace safety, etc.!
Forklift Operator Responsibilities Include:
- Unload materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stack them to assigned places
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Transport raw materials to production workstations
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance
- Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
- Forklift Operator should help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities
Forklift Operator Skills:
- At least 1 year's experiene operating powered forklifts
- Knowledge of various materials-handling equipment
Forklift Operating position hours are First shift : 7am -3:30pm Mon. - Fri.
Forklift Operator Requirements
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- High school diploma or GED