Manual Machine Operator Needed for Indy South Location on 2nd Shift
Pay: up to $17.60/hour (pay varies by experience and skills)
Hours: 3:30 p.m. - 2:00 a.m., Monday - Friday
- 10-hours Overtime/week
- Free college classes
- Affordable health/life/dental insurance
Machine Operator Position Overview:
Operators responsible for setting up and operating equipment such as Brake Press, Vaill and Triple Stroke Endformers , Air Sizers, and CP roll formers in a proficient and safe manner. Additional Press, Tellesis or Stamper, and trim/deburr setup may be needed at various times.
Brake Press Operator Essential Job Functions:
- Read previously prepared setup sheets and routing package for individual parts.
- Determines what tooling is needed and where it is located.
- Operates brake press to run production and performs quality inspections as required.
- Makes necessary press adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
- May use templates, fixtures, surface plate, CMM, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure overall length, roundness, bead size, or other necessary dimensions per blueprint.
- Watches for presence of kinking, flattening, tube breaks, burrs, and oversize/undersize conditions.
- Complete records of production including scrap or rework reasons.
APPLY NOW for Immediate Consideration
Machine Operator Job Requirements:
- Must have a demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in shop math (fractions, decimals, metric)
- Ability to read and follow specific routing instructions
- Ability to read and understand setup instructions
- Ability to read blueprints
- Proficiency in the use of appropriate measuring instruments (tape measure, dial calipers)
- Ability to check quality of parts against templates
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle production requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving ability from previous work
- Must have the ability to stand for 8 hour shift or longer
- Able to bend, twist, stoop to remove parts from baskets and lift to work area
- Able to load parts into work area and completed baskets without damaging the part
- Good hand and eye coordination