Quick Hire for TIG Welder at Local Indy Manufacturer on 1st Shift!
Pay: $19.00/hour to start
Hours: 5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Special project work
- 10+ hours OT/week
- Affordable health, life, dental, disability insurance
- Free college courses
Position Overview: The TIG Welder is responsible for welding special projects and production orders or components using MIG and/or TIG processes to meet customer and quality specifications. This involves using training or knowledge of welding techniques, knowledge of set-up requirements and meeting established production requirements on consistent basis.
- Read previously prepared setup sheets and routing package for individual parts. Determine what tooling is needed.
- Follow set-up requirements and ensure settings are correct.
- Operate machine to run production and perform quality inspections. Make necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
- May use templates, fixtures, surface plate, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure welded components, bead size, or other necessary dimensions per blueprint.
- Watche for presence of burn through, cold starts, lack of penetration, bead size, or other indications of suspect welds.
- Complete records of production including scrap or rework reasons.
- Move parts to the subsequent operation with pallet jack.
- May assist Engineering in developing new processes and trying out new tooling.
- Participate in team meetings seeking continuous improvements for the operation.
APPLY ONLINE NOW for EARLY CONSIDERATION