Berlin, CT company is seeking an experienced Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Sr. Technician.
This is a full time, DIRECT HIRE position which requires travel within the New England/NY region, with some overnight and potentially longer term projects (3-4 weeks).
The Nondestructive Testing Sr Technician will independently perform inspections utilizing various NDT techniques seeking corrosion, defects, or detrimental conditions in accordance with specific written criteria. The Sr. Technician will perform inspections, interpret indications, and report results per company requirements. The Sr. Technician will be able to communicate processes, procedures and results to customers. The Sr Technician will assist in training apprentices in the various NDT Methods.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to companies Core Values.
- Performs supervisory activities over the Apprentice level field personnel.
- Maintains previous Certification to Level II in a minimum of two methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, ET).
- Maintains previous Certification to Level III in a minimum of one method (PT, MT, UT, RT, ET).
- Maintains NDT certification.
- Performs NDT inspections for which certified.
- Interprets and reports results of inspections, and maintains documentation of inspection activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 4 yrs experience in NDT field as a certified technician in at least 2 methods
- Certified to Level II in a minimum of two methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, ET) preferred
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word
- Ability to work with computers / computerized equipment
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate in English
- Travel requirement; 0-75%
- Ability to handle chemicals in a safe manner
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to supervise training of Apprentices.
- Position is based out of a branch or site location.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills