Westaff is looking for a CNC Machine Operator for a manufacturing company located in Farmington CT. Someone who works under direction, tending a variety of machines (primary CNC Milling & turning)
- Working to department procedures.
- Can be assigned to work in a “CNC Cell Configuration” multiple machines
- Responsible for “in process” component inspection both visual and dimensional using specialty gages as designed for product lines in production and standard measuring tools (micrometer, caliper, optical comparator, CMM)
- ? Responsible for stopping the machine when parts do not meet requirements
- Able to “trouble shoot” part and machine deviation issues (problems)
- Maintains production records
- Required to make off sets to maintain product acceptance
- Required to change tooling at prescribed intervals/counts
- Ability to read and understand CNC G & M codes
- Ability to make minor program changes/revisions under the direction of supervision
- Has an understanding of Quality Control principles which may include SPC.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, environmental and safety standards, and good housekeeping standards.
- May be required to assist or otherwise instruct other personnel.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job
- High School graduate or demonstration of equivalent skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to understand written instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Visual Sharpness (corrected) to operate machines (including visual inspection procedures).
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work. Substantial movements (motions) of the arms, wrists, hand and /or fingers.
- Ability to lift objects from lower to a higher position or moving horizontally. 35lb limit
Monday - Friday, $14-$17 hourly
- 1st shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm