Westaff is seeking a Production Supervisor- Weld for one of our Manufacturing clients in Paynesville, MN!
We offer GREAT hourly wages, excellent benefits and a Monday- Friday working schedule with Fridays being half days!!!
* Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, or skills matrix to determine personnel or material requirements or material priorities.
* Use proper channels to obtain the essential tools, supplies, and equipment necessary for your department to meet production needs.
* Plan and organize daily work load, plus look ahead and plan for upcoming jobs to meet production deadlines.
* Coordinate the activities of all production employees within your department and assist employees in daily work performance as needed.
* Maintain good housekeeping and enforce a safe workplace by practicing 5S and safety daily.
* confer with our supervisors to coordinate operations and activities withing, or between departments.
* Work with Production Scheduler as required if any labor material shortages, backlogs or other interruptions occur while collaborating with management, sales, production and engineering.
* Participate in interviewing and hiring employees.
* Provide initial on-the-job employee training to include equipment and safety procedures, and then assign a mentor to carry on the training.
* Interpret specifications, work orders, and company policies and procedures for employees.
* Make an effort to resolve employee problems, complaints or grievances to minimize the effect on production. Attempt to resolve these problems prior to elevating to management.
* Provide Human Resources with any specific notes/records on any good or concerning activities, conversations, or other issues regarding direct reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent
*Two or more years of post- secondary education, preferred
* Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies
* Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experiences
* Ability to read blueprints
* Good mathematical aptitude
* good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to use common office equipment such as fax machine, copier, multi line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and general internet software
* Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 50 punds
* Ability to travel for training or other items when necessary