Westaff is hiring for a Weekend Warrior Manual Machinist for a client in the Chesterfield Valley area.
This person must have experience operating and performing set ups and tool changes on various manual mill/lathe machines. This is a contract to hire opportunity, 12 hour weekend shift - 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM Friday, Saturday, and Sundays. The company is located in Chesterfield, MO and the starting pay will be between $18-20 an hour based on experience.
Summary of Job:
To edit and perform simple set ups and operate various CNC machines to produce precision machined components as instructed by Supervisor or Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operate machinery at or above company standards for both time and quality, as instructed.
- Operate manual mill/lathe: load material into chuck or collect, machine parts, such as: c'drill, drill, rough and finish bore, rough and finish turn, chamfer, tap, thread, face, knurl, part off, etc.
- Unload and deburr part
- Inspect parts with micrometers, hole test gauges, calipers, thread and plug gauges, indicators, telescoping depth gauges, etc.
- Hold tolerances on diameters as per blueprint specification
- Complete any necessary documentation per company policy or verbal instruction.
- Keep machinery and work area in a clean, safe, maintained, and organized fashion.
- Comply with all PPE and machine guarding as necessary with each job.
- Extensive machine shop experience.
- Performing quality machined products with little to no supervision.
- Experience operating, setting up and performing tool changes on various manual mills and lathes machines.
Comfortable working a weekend schedule - 12 hour shifts, 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM Friday, Saturday and Sunday.