Westaff is hiring for Clinic Accessionist in Lafayette & Crowley Louisiana. The Accessionist will ensure proper handling of all specimens received and prepare specimens for laboratory testing. This position includes such functions as matching patient information, data entry, and scanning documents.
- Receives and sorts specimens for testing
- Works with physician(s) and clinic staff to optimize processes.
- Reviews all requisitions for missing information, works closely with Client Services to obtain missing information in a timely manner and distributes new information to all departments involved
- Reports problem holds and provides resolution in a timely manner
- Timely and accurately enters data into LIS, label samples and create folders, generate specimen travel documents, and forwards respective sample to personnel/departments
- Assembles case paperwork and files, including pre-analytic documentation and labels
- Performs entry of add-on testing and coordinates split specimens
- Sends out specimens to appropriate laboratories by coordinating the shipment process, maintaining client communication, and generating the necessary logs
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelors in Life Science Preferred
- 1+ years of experience equivalent to an Accessioning Technician preferred
- Proficient with MS Office programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Must be able to work in a bio hazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual