Insurance and Billing Clerk
Great company-expanding fast! Apply now!
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer literate with spreadsheet experience.
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance, verification procedures, and coding.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous office experience in insurance and billing.
- Strong computer background.
Billing and Insurance verification duties may include:
- Retrieve Exam and Material Authorizations for Vision Plans
- Verify eligibility and benefits for work-in patients as needed
- Post patient and insurance payments and review and follow up on explanations of benefits and other insurance communications.
- Writes deposit and balances all transactions for the close of the day.
- Calls patient past due accounts and establishes possible payment plan if appropriate and agreeable.
- Processes and mails statements on a weekly basis.
- Works with team leader to determine which accounts need immediate follow ups
- Takes calls directed to the accounts receivable department from patients and/or insurance carriers. Discusses accounts with patients and provides information required by insurance companies in order to get claim paid.
- Secures pre-authorizations for surgeries, procedures performed by all physicians.
- Enters charges for surgeries, procedures and other services.
- Transmits electronic claims for Medicare, Blue Cross, Medicaid and Visionary.
- Mails any primary insurance that is not electronically sent.
- Mails secondary insurance and attaches explanation of benefits from other insurance.
- Prepares all patient and insurance ledgers for refunds.
- Any other duties assigned