Job Opening: Packaging/Filling Technician
Westaff is looking for a Filling Technician in the Billerica, Ma area for immediate hire!
Payrate: $19+/hour depending on experience
Shift: 7-330pm Monday-Friday
Work location: Billerica, Ma
Perform setup, mixing, filling, operation and troubleshooting of filling equipment used to fill bulk/BiPak orders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Follow operating procedures, including: ISO procedure, safety rules, PPE requirements, and SDS’s
* Fill orders based on the information on the fill ticket.
* Fill out requisitions for raw materials and non-inventory items.
* Inventory cycle count
* Weigh materials and heat materials
* Equipment used: computers, scales, mixers (Hobart, Ross Mixer, Speed Miser, Air Mixer), paint shaker, large 30-gallon roller, ovens
* Operates BiPak/QuickPouch equipment as well as printing labels needed to complete orders. Using Eppendorf, Gilson, and Semmatic/Nordon dispensing equipment.
* Quality in-process inspection of materials.
* Perform all required maintenance, inspection, and troubleshoot machinery (scales, mixers, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
* Be articulate and able to work collaboratively, both internally and externally, as a team player.
* Accept direction and supervision, while possessing the initiative to make independent decisions.
* Possess the highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
* Work meticulously, neatly, precisely and with a high level of accuracy.
Education & Experience;
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of MRP & ERP systems a plus
Prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Apply now for our Filling Technican opening in Billerica, Ma!