Job Opening: SMT Operator/Norwood
Title: SMT Operator
Westaff is looking for a SMT Operator in the Norwwod, MA area for immediate hire!
Payrate: $21-26/hour DOE
Shift: 7-4pm OR 8-5pm
Work location: Norwood, MA
Utilize SMT machines to place surface mount parts and solder reflow the devices to the printed circuit board. Responsible for the set-up of all pieces of equipment on the SMT line including the screen printer, the pick and place machines and the reflow oven.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilize process sheets to ensure correct build of product.
• Load feeders for surface mount machines using the load list provided by machine.
• Verify correct part numbers being used for the specific job being run.
• Initiate and select correct programs for SMT screen printer & SMT pick and place machines and correct reflow profile for the reflow oven.
• Select the proper stencil screen for use during screen printing operation.
• Comply with Virtexs’ standards of ESD, IPC-A-610, work instructions, and ISO procedures and policies.
• Perform machine preventative maintenance on Screen Printer and Pick and Place machines based on assigned schedules
• Cleaning boards as required based on soldering chemistry
• Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Microsoft Office/computer skills.
• Knowledge of machine maintenance.
• Electronic component identification.
• Knowledge of IPC-A-610-D work standards.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 6 – 12 months previous electronic experience preferred.
Apply now for consideration for our SMT Operator opening!