Job Opening: Quality Control Tech (2nd Shift)
Westaff is hiring for a QC Tech position in Danvers MA!
The QC Technician position will:
1. Inspect raw materials as necessary
2. Verify raw material CoAs are received and the test results contained conform to listed specifications
3. Test internally made batches to specification
4. Make minor adjustments to correct out-of-specification batches. Coordinate with QC Manager and/or Chemists on larger or novel batch adjustments.
5. Manage storage and disposition of product retain samples generated in the facility.
6. Promote, support, and adhere to all safety, environmental, and quality related policies and procedures in the facility.
7. Collaborate with R&D chemists on new product development and offset raw material considerations.
8. Maintain a clean, orderly lab utilizing 5S principles.
9. Conduct Internal and Process Audits as needed.
10. Develop a detailed understanding of the facility’s manufacturing environment.
Requirements would be:
1. Previous quality control testing or equivalent lab experience preferred.
2. Previous experience in chemical or adhesive manufacturing facility preferred.
3. Ability to work overtime (Saturdays) required. Typical Saturday hours are 6am – 11am, but occasionally would be a full shift. Would work with 1st shift Technician to ensure all Saturday shifts are covered. Occasionally second-shift does work a full Saturday as well.
4. Understanding of basic mathematical operations. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
5. Ability to follow documented procedures and work instructions.
6. Ability to perform tests consistently and to internal standards.
7. Strong attention to detail required.
8. Ability to communicate effectively through email / text / phone, and in-person.
9. Ability to enter inspection data into a collection database.
10. Familiarity with Microsoft Office a plus, notably Outlook and Word.
11. Bilingual (English / Spanish) is a plus.