Job Opening: Office Assistant
Westaff is hiring an Office Assistant for a busy Accounting office in Walker, La.
This is a Direct Hire position and the ideal candidate will have 5+ years office experience. Must be a whiz on the computer and have exceptional communication skills! Clientele is top priority! Must be a problem solver and actively seeks work to stay busy during slower periods.
Hours: Monday -Friday, 8a-4p (January – April tax deadline)
Monday – Th 8a-4p and Friday 8a-noon (post-tax season)
Client offers a minimum of 10 holidays a year, Simple IRA, up to 3% match of employee contributions, time off is flexible and generous as long as its not abused (time off requests January – April should be very limited and reserved for emergencies).
College degree or a minimum of five (5) years experience and working knowledge of front desk operations, consisting of computer data entry, excellent telephone, and customer service.
- Supports the firm by scheduling according to CPA’s request. Ensures timely and accurate client scheduling & registration processes in an efficient, accurate and timely manner and according to the firm guidelines. Initiates appointment reminder phone calls for all client meetings.
- Answers phones (includes asking who is calling, what call is pertaining to, and checking to see if team member is available).
- Responsible for communicating and getting the client’s signatures
- Using excellent customer service, contacts clients by phone/email/text messaging to obtain client information to support timely and accurate accounting services.
- Responsible for sorting and scanning clients’ documents and driver’s licenses/form of identification, and any paperwork/forms to support their engagement.
- Maintains the appearance of the waiting/lobby/kitchen area. Responsible for general housekeeping of the office weekly, including but not limited to checking the mail, taking out the garbage, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.
- Discusses problems and/or confidential information.
- Responds to inquiries from team members and clients quickly and efficiently by actively listening and taking appropriate action.
- Keeps any confidential documents secure and out of public view.
- Maintains supplies and communicates to his/her supervisor when supplies need to be replenished; facilitates ordering when requested.
- Ensures front desk/copier equipment is functional and ready for service, including paper levels in copier/printer and reserve paper and toner supplies.
- Assists others and shows willingness to work as a team player. Provides back up to other team members when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate cash flow by generating monthly invoices, running credit card payments, balancing deposits to QuickBooks, reconciling client payments, etc.
Apply for the Office Assistant job today!