Job Opening: Quality Assurance Technician
Westaff is searching for a Quality Assurance Technician for our Food Production client in Salem, MA
Monday – Friday (with some Saturdays)
5am – 1pm
Benefits to Westaff associates:
- Medical Dental Vision
- Retirement Savings Plan
- FREE online training
- Weekly Pay
Responsible to provide Safe, Quality product by following and supporting SQF System. Member of the SQF Team. Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process, first day bake, 2nd day bake and if necessary pulls retains to retest any products that are in question.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives samples from the production team of every batch of every product made on all lines.
- Some of the samples are baked immediately, other samples are labeled and frozen to bake second day as well as two samples labeled and put with retains for up to one year.
- Tests all 100# and 500# new product production testing, providing Product Development Manager with the data and analysis.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- All data and photos stored on the share drive and reported to Director of Product Development.
- Receives and fills customer sample orders, either baked, frozen, or both from the Sales Team.
- Samples must be top quality and be done within the time frame requested.
- Participates in all Quality Control testing and data collection on the production floor and in the test kitchen.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- or one to three months related experience a
APPLY NOW to our Quality Assurance Technician position in Salem, MA