Job Opening: Shop Helper (Boilermaker)
Westaff has 5 immediate openings for Boilermakers/ Shop Helpers for a busy company in St Gabriel, LA
Day shift: 7am -5pm (may require 12 hour days). Night shift may also be available (3pm- midnight).
Pay rate will be based on experience, $22-$28; increase based on NCCER certification.
This is a temporary position but the company does hire on exceptional employees.
Overview: Assembly Mechanic assembles shell/ tube heat exchanger bundles and its sub components.
- Layout and cutting of plates.
- Cutting and threading spacer tubes and round bar.
- Assembly of tie rods, spacers and baffles.
- Hang the stationary tube sheets, poke tubes into baffle assembly.
- Roll tubes placed into tube sheets and baffles. Install bundle into shell.
- Perform hydrostatic testing of assembled units.
- Load completed units onto flatbed trucks.
- Make tube hole ID records, hydro-test results and dimensional records of exchangers.
- Completing jobs based on standard shop procedures.
- Conforms to safety requirements of the shop.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, twist and lift for entire shift. Some overtime may be required. Must be comfortable in a NON CLIMATE Controlled environment. Working conditions are noisy, dusty, dirty, gritty, hot/ cold. Steel toe boots, work pants and long sleeve shirt are required. Proof of current OSHA certification will be required at interview Valid Drivers License will be required at interview. NCCER Certification highly preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent. Read and write the English language; acceptable basic math skills; read and interpret simple measuring devises, read and interpret drawings.
Apply today, interview asap!