Job Opening: Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator
Pay: $18-$25 Per/Hr
The Heavy Equipment Operator ensures the safe operation of heavy equipment at the landfill for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient & safe manner; operates one or more types of heavy construction equipment including backhoes, forklifts, graders, tractors, and front-end loaders.
• Assists in the maintenance & upkeep of the landfill site, including litter removal
• Performs pre/post operation inspection of equipment in accordance w/Casella safety standards as well as state & federal regulations. Ensures all safety equipment & devices are operational & secured properly to equipment.
• Monitors waste for evidence of unacceptable or hazardous waste in materials
• Monitors the condition of the equipment frequently to ensure it is always operationally ready to minimize downtime; clean tracks or wheels on equipment as needed
• Perform & document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to maintenance shop for repair
• Operates heavy equipment following all safety and training protocols & ensures that the facility is properly maintained
• Observes operation of heavy equipment performing trouble shooting procedures as necessary.
• Occasionally assists technicians’ w/maintenance & ensures communication of mechanical issues
• Follows all required safety policies & procedures
• Participates in training & other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales & services & performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR THE CDL DRIVER APPRENTICE POSITION!
Military Personnel and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
• 2 yrs Heavy Equipment Experience preferred
• Landfill Experience preferred Must pass background check & drug screen