Job Opening: Line Cook
Pay Rate: $17 – $18 depending on experience
Hours: 1st & 2nd shifts available – 5:00am – 1:00pm/6:00am – 2:00pm/8:00am – 4:00pm/2:00pm – 10:00pm (Must be available 7 days a week) (Will get 2 days off)
Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food stuffs for consumption in eating establishments by performing the following duties.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Must pass Background Check
- Must have High school diploma or GED