Job Opening: IT Service Desk Admin
Do you have Help Desk & Desktop Support Experience? State of the art, locally owned manufacturing and production corporation is looking to add an IT Service Desk Admin to their Baltimore IT Department.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
Pay Rate: $25.00 – $28.00 an hour Depending on Experience
IT Services Desk Admin Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical support of all IT systems and hardware.
- Answer support desk calls and troubleshoot web tickets through resolution in support of global users.
- Configure, install, and maintain IT software and hardware (i.e., computers, network printers, scanners, etc.).
- Deploy software and apply custom image to computers using SCCM.
- Maintain effective and open communication with business users and other global IT team members when resolving incidents and fulfilling requests.
- Coordinate project tasks with IT vendors and providers.
- Work with the Security Team to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain inventory, track assignment of loaner devices and procure replacement inventory as needed
- Identify proactive ways to reduce the number of incidents in the environment.
- Participate in IT Projects to ensure complete understanding of new and upgraded systems.
- Assist with managing regional vendor relationships, and contract renewals.
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement (automation, upgrades, security, updates, etc.) of systems in production.
Desktop Support Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field; or 2 years of proven IT Help Desk experience with at least one IT certification listed in desired qualifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize assigned work according to business need.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail, organization and follow up skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft operating system, and Office 365 Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to independently perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to work well with minimal direction or instruction while in a global team environment.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interface with all organizational levels.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to travel between Maryland facilities as needed for the position.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Previous experience with A+, Net+, Microsoft Administrator Certification, ITILv.3, or CCNA.
- Prior Help Desk experience, familiarity with management software and RSAT tools.
- Prior experience taking support calls and troubleshooting remotely.
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration for our IT Service Desk Admin Position!
Members of the armed forces, spouses and veterans encouraged to apply.