Job Opening: Surface Grinder Operator
Westaff is hiring a Surface Grinder Operator for a Machine Parts Manufacturer in Berlin, CT!
Established company specializing in the design and production of standard workholding devices based in Berlin, CT requires an ID/OD Surface Grinder Operator experienced in the operation of surface, CNC and manual grinders and related machines.
Pay: $28-37/hr depending on experience
Hours: 1st shift, M-F, with some overtime required
The Surface Grinder Operator responsibilities include:
- Ability to operate surface grinder machines in the finishing process for various products
- Ability to set up and use gauges, micrometers, calipers, and indicators
- Operating various machine tools to produce precision parts and components
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery as needed
- Determining proper feeds, speeds, tooling and operation sequence or select those prescribed in drawings, blueprints or layouts, using a variety of precision measuring instruments
The Surface Grinder Operator requirements include:
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in the operation of Outside (OD), Inside (ID), and/or Surface Grinding machinery and/or other related fields, such as Tool & Die Makers
- Ability to operate and program CNC grinders and manual grinders
- Strong analytical/mathematical skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with diamond, borazon, and stone grinding wheels a plus
- Knowledge/experience with other machines (lathe, mill, CNC set up/programming, jig grind) a plus
Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply! Submit your resume today for immediate consideration to our Surface Grinder Operator position!