Job Opening: General Labor
General Labor (Expired)
Saint Albans, VT
Pay: $$16-$18 per Hour
The Laborer performs duties and operations to assist driver’s complete customer routes with a focus on providing exceptional customer service and adhering to all health and safety protocols.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
· Loads and empties residential and/or commercial containers into truck manually or mechanically
· Maneuvers containers that are staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service
· Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper
· Places any and all bins serviced at any customer location back where they were picked-up from in the up-right position with covers placed back on the containers
· Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route
· Loads trash and recycling into a rear load truck in fluctuating weather conditions
· Lifts 50 pounds constantly throughout the day while able to maintain the stamina to successfully complete the duties of this physically demanding position.
· Always maintains a safe working environment
· Works in a high pace ever changing industry
· Communicates in a professional manner when dealing with customer and other employees
· Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products and services offered, and position held within the organization.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and core values.
· Performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
· Customer Focus – The incumbent is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with the customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Integrity and Trust – The incumbent is seen as a direct, trusted and truthful individual; doesn’t misrepresent himself/herself for personal gain.
· Time Management – The incumbent uses his/her time effectively and concentrates efforts on more important priorities while attending to a broad range of activities.
· Peer Relationships (Teamwork) – Able to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of the team; can represent interests and be fair to others; is viewed as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of team; can be candid; and encourages collaboration.
· Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Self Development – The incumbent is personally committed to and actively works toward continuously improving himself/herself and understands that different situations may call for different approaches.
Positive, team-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic, is committed to safety, customer driven, open to personal and professional training and development, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR THE GENERAL LABOR POSITION!
Military Personnel and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
· Outstanding relationship management skills
· Excellent listening, communication, and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
· High School Education or GED
· Legally eligible to work in the US
· Ability to lift 50lbs. constantly throughout the day
· Proven work ethic · Personal discipline to work in difficult conditions
· Proven commitment to safety