Job Opening: Heavy Equipment Operators
Heavy Equipment Operators (Expired)
Westaff is looking for Heavy Equipment Operators!
Heavy Equipment Operator
Pay: $18-$25 per Hour
The Heavy Equipment Operator ensures the safe operation of heavy equipment at the landfill for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner; operates one or more types of heavy construction equipment including backhoes, forklifts, graders, tractors, and front-end loaders.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
· Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of the landfill site, including litter removal
· Performs pre/post operation inspection of equipment in accordance with company safety standards as well as state and federal regulations. Ensures all safety equipment and devices are operational and secured properly to equipment
· Monitors waste for evidence of unacceptable or hazardous waste in materials
· Monitors the condition of the equipment frequently to ensure it is always operationally ready to minimize downtime; clean tracks or wheels on equipment as needed
· Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to maintenance shop for repair
· Operates heavy equipment following all safety and training protocols and ensures that the facility is properly maintained
· Observes operation of heavy equipment performing trouble shooting procedures as necessary.
· Occasionally assists technicians with maintenance and ensures communication of mechanical issues
· Follows all required safety policies and procedures
· Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Career Path Definitions & Distinctions:
Apprentice: 0-2 years of experience operating heavy equipment. Demonstrates the ability to operate one type of yellow iron equipment. Possesses a complete knowledge and understanding of safety protocols and procedures necessary for operating the equipment.
Operator I: 2-4 years of experience operating heavy equipment. Demonstrates the ability to safely operate two types of yellow iron equipment involved in landfill operations. Possesses a strong knowledge and understanding of safety protocols and procedures necessary for operating the equipment.
Operator II: 4-6 years of experience operating heavy equipment. Demonstrates the ability to safely operate three types of yellow iron equipment involved in landfill operations. Possesses an expert level knowledge and understanding of safety protocols and procedures necessary for operating the equipment.
Lead Operator: 6+ years of experience operating heavy equipment. Demonstrates the ability to develop training plans and mentor employees to achieve successful outcomes. Demonstrates the capability to operate all types of yellow iron equipment involved in landfill operations. Exhibits an ability to prioritize, delegate, and communicate clearly to the team and managers.
· Problem Solving – The incumbent looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer; is able to see hidden problems, use logic and solve with effective solutions.
· Priority Setting – The incumbent can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; is able to create focus and eliminate roadblocks.
· Drive for Results – The incumbent can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Self Development – The incumbent is personally committed to and actively works toward continuously improving himself/herself and understands that different situations may call for different approaches.
· Integrity and Trust – The incumbent is seen as a direct, trusted and truthful individual; doesn’t misrepresent himself/herself for personal gain.
· Time Management – The incumbent uses his/her time effectively and concentrates efforts on more important priorities while attending to a broad range of activities.
Positive, team-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic, is committed to safety, customer driven, open to personal and professional training and development, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR THE HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR POSITION!
Military Personnel and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
· Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team Preferred
· Landfill experience
· Two years of prior experience in heavy equipment operation
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Legally eligible to work in the US
· Must be at least 18 years of age