Job Opening: CBL Driver
CBL Driver (Expired)
Westaff is Hiring for Diesel Technicians!
Pay: $21-$29 per Hour
Hours: 5am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 10am-8pm
The Diesel Technician maintains diesel equipment, completes inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, corrects vehicle deficiencies, completes adjustments and alignments, and maintains records to ensure we are able to keep our level of commitment to safety and customer service.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
· Performs all job duties in accordance with company safety policies and regulations.
· Performs maintenance tasks based on driver pre and post trip inspections in a timely manner or as directed by maintenance manager.
· Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements and makes appropriate corrections when needed.
· Works in adverse conditions at times including heat, cold, wind, rain and snow to repair equipment and vehicles.
· Builds and assembles machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
· Troubleshoots reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
· Maintains all relevant records for all work and procedures and reports on issues.
· Performs accurate lockout/tagout procedures.
· Runs diagnostic tests on vehicles and analyzes the results to problem solve; test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions when necessary.
· Perform any and all necessary procedures to ensure maximum reliability and the safety of the equipment operator including, performing preventative maintenance inspections, tire changes, changes of breaks and any other utilities that are part of the vehicle; builds, rebuilds, and replaces hydraulic components and hoses of any vehicle or stationary equipment.
· Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Level Definitions & Distinctions
Technician Apprentice: Demonstrates the ability to work alongside a knowledgeable Diesel Technician to learn and further develop skills. The Apprentice provides maintenance, repairs vehicles and equipment, and mainly focuses on preventative maintenance and maintaining the safety of all vehicles and equipment.
Technician B: Demonstrates the ability to identify operating issues including examining, test driving and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems using standard testing procedures and computer diagnostic equipment. Technician also demonstrates the ability to correct any operating issues that are found.??
Technician A: Demonstrates the ability to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair vehicle brakes, suspension, steering, tires, rims, hubs, PTO, hydraulics, engine, cooling, starting, ignition, charging, lighting systems, fuel and air intake systems, heating, ventilation, and cooling systems to ensure vehicles are in safe and dependable operating condition.?
Master Technician: Demonstrates the ability to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair all vehicle and equipment systems. Can rebuild and replace engines, engine components, transmissions, drive line and rear-ends, mechanical systems, electrical systems, and hydraulic components.?
· Problem Solving – The incumbent looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer; is able to see hidden problems, use logic and solve with effective solutions.
· Priority Setting – The incumbent can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; is able to create focus and eliminate roadblocks.
· Drive for Results – The incumbent can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
· Self Development – The incumbent is personally committed to and actively works toward continuously improving himself/herself and understands that different situations may call for different approaches.
· Time Management – The incumbent uses his/her time effectively and concentrates efforts on more important priorities while attending to a broad range of activities.
Positive, team-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic, is committed to safety, customer driven, open to personal and professional training and development, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR THE DIESEL TECHNICIAN POSITION!
Military Personnel and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
· Outstanding relationship management skills
· Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
· Minimum on 1-year experience inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing trucks and stationary equipment
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Legally eligible to work in the US
· Must be 18 years of age
· Must hold a valid Class A, B or C Driver’s license