Job Opening: Accountant II
Westaff is seeking an Accountant for a prominent resort in Whitefish, MT!!!
Schedule: Full Time, Year Round
Term: Permanent opportunity!
Pay:$22/hr with room to grow
The Accounting Department at the Resort is responsible for wide range of matters related to financial reporting, transaction processing, system maintenance, support of functional operations, and custodial activities related to document archives and other related matters. The Accounting Department is located in administrative offices of the Resort on the 2nd floor of the Hibernation House.
- Reports to: Controller
- Employees Supervised: None
- Interrelationships: Maintains cooperative working relationships with staff and management contacted during performance of job duties. Works closely with all WSI department Managers.
- Two years College education in accounting, degree preferred or three years of related accounting experience.
- Strong analytical skill and attention to detail required.
- Knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a busy stressful environment with frequent interruptions and work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Great Plains Accounting software) preferred.
- Experience with StreamLine property management software and Resort Technology Partners (RTP) POS software preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks to complete them within the required time frame.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities when required.
- Monitors revenue reporting software for accuracy.
- Analyze revenues to ensure accuracy and report both to Controller/CFO and department managers/supervisors
- Maintains, reconciles and balances assorted general ledger accounts.
- Track, reconciling and revenue recognition of various ticket products
- Reconcile the variances within the checking and credit card accounts.
- Reviews, verifies, balances daily credit card receipts, and research chargebacks.
- Assist with semi-annual budget preparation
- Assist with RTP pricing models for semi-annual budgets
- Develop analytical reports for Controller and CFO related to profit center operations.
- Create and post monthly recurring journal entries. Insure all other recurring entries are entered and posted timely. Run final journal entry posting report monthly and review for accuracy.
- Assist with maintaining of all HOAs and liquor license lessees’ books which WSI manages, this includes preparation of monthly financial statements, payment of bills, and the posting of the daily revenues.
- Maintains and reconciles retail inventory accounts through RTP
- Assist with maintaining food & beverage inventory count sheets and processes inventory transfers
- Assist & backup for the daily revenue posting and updating of the “Flash Report”
- Assists the Controller and/or management with other projects as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge on current accounting procedures and seeks training when required.
- Maintains cooperative-working relationships with those contacted during performance of job-related duties.
- Recognizes and maintains the highest degree of confidentiality for employees and customers in accordance with company policy.
- Recognizes the responsibilities of co-workers and offers assistance when necessary.
- Interacts calmly and tactfully with staff and customers and is consistently fair, impartial, and objective with both.
- Perform job functions necessary to satisfy the questions and concerns of both owners and administrative staff.
- Assists the Controller with financial related projects as assigned.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity! APPLY TODAY for this permanent opportunity!
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply