Job Opening: Tool Room Machinist (Indianapolis)
Tool Room Machinist (Indianapolis) (Expired)
- Quick Hire
- Not “temp”
- Experienced or Trained
Hours: 5:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
The Tool Room Machinist works under guidance of Tool & Die Maker. They are responsible for mastering setup and machining techniques while operating equipment such as Trak Mills, Surface Grinders, Trak Lathes, or various Saws. Experienced operators are trained to set-up and operate all these machines with minimal technical supervision on more complex components. Experience with manual lathe and/or Trak lathe.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read tool prints and component drawings to determine material type or blank size, final dimensions needed, and determine machining method.
- Uses tool handling equipment to safely move heavy material or fixtures to machine and follows standard machine setup methods to install fixtures on machine table.
- Installs tooling, adjusts cutter rotation, and feeds and speeds according to material and machine.
- May develop unique work-holding devices if machining fixture is not available.
- Uses angle iron, clamps, vises, and other devices to hold work securely in machine.
- Operates machine to cut metal to proper dimensions based on procedure used.
Work for Westaff, a company employees rated “Best in Staffing” 9 years in a row. Apply right now!
“The people at Westaff are very trustworthy and have a concern for their employees.” Westaff Associate, Lillie
As a Westaff Machine Operator, We Offer You:
- Competitive pay
- Paid weekly (Direct Deposit or ATM Debit Card available)
- Access to health benefits and retirement plan
- A personal recruiter to help with job searches and assistance when at work!
- FREE ONLINE skills training